terça-feira, 26 de junho de 2007

June Update

Hello there Friends!

Just wanted to let you know that we are thinking about you. We are doing well. Noémia is in Crash and Burn mode right now as she wraps up the end of her teaching year. Full of evaluations and end of the year presentations! She's currently trying to line up work for the Summer.

I'm working away in my worldly, secular and unsanctified job :-) while contributing what I can to the church (to repay the hours I invested in the World) . It is going well enough; in September I'll have been with the company one year. I'm currently looking into other opportunities.

The church is doing well, but I think getting a little restless/uneasy with the news of Edilson's leaving. We're hoping it will be a positive time of transition that will allow the church to "come into its own" just a little bit more. Our small group is doing well; right now we are sharing the teaching and hosting responsibilities so it's been a nice break for me. After the summer we'll start a series on the sermon on the mount.

Noémia and I just turned the big 30! On her birthday we went camping for the weekend and for mine we had a nice dinner with some friends.

We have an exciting trip planned for the Summer.... Cape Verde!!! We're going to be visiting Noémia's Dad and other family she has there. We're both super excited: me, to meet her dad & go spearfishing & exploring; her, to see her dad after 5 years & eat yummy island food!

NEWS FLASH: Ezra and Emily are pregnant! Finally that pressure we all applied...got to 'em!!! The due date is around the end of the year.

We love you all and happy summer!
The Planks

Sem comentários: